Json SChema Backend Config Test Plan
This document outlines the test plan for the Json Schema backend initial configuration processing.
The decision table for a complete test coverage is given below:
|Test Case||Config Flag(s)||Config File||CLI Parameters|
These would be unit tests of the inferBackendConfig() function defined in config-processing.ts
Test Cases #5 and #6
In these two test cases, the users intends to use a configuration file (by providing the flag) but the configuration file does not exist. A number of possibilities exists to handle this:
- ensure config file exist before the json-schema-gen command can be run
- build up a config file at this point
- completely ignore the user flag and proceed as in Test Cases #1 to #4 \ For these test cases, we use default configuration but notify the user of absense of a cofig file
Test Cases #7 and #8
In these two test cases, the user specifies to use a configuration file and the configuration file exist. At this point, there are three possible routes.
- configuration file exists unmodified by user
- configuration file exists modified by user
- configuration file exists but is invalid \ The first point basically equates to Test cases #1 to #4 \ So for these test cases, we would assume the config file was modified by the user (second point) \ Further test cases would be written to cover the third point (invalid config file)